At Brickfete today, LEGO unveiled the newest winter village set, Winter Village Market (10235). This 1200 piece set is the second biggest winter village set behind the Winter Village Cottage (10229). It will be available in October 2013 exclusively at LEGO Shop@Home and LEGO Brand retail stores.
The highlight of this set is the working carousel with uniquely printed horses. It seems to be a smaller version of the Grand Carousel (10196) set LEGO released in 2009.
LEGO Designer Video with Designer Astrid
10235 Winter Village Market
Ages 12+. 1,261 pieces.
Collect and create a fun festive scene with the Winter Village Market!
US $99.99 – CA $129.99 – DE 89.99€ – UK 79.99 £ – DK 799.00 DKK
Bring home the holiday spirit with the Winter Village Market, continuing the popular LEGO® Winter Village Series. Turn the handle and take a ride on the rocking horse as the carousel spins! Visit the carnival booth. Fill up on holiday and fair favorites including a pie, pretzel and croissant at the baker’s stand, chicken and sausage at the grill stand or sweet treats at the candy shop. Celebrate a holiday season full of traditions and building with the Winter Village Market! Includes 9 minifigures with accessories: 3 females, 2 males and 4 children.
- Includes 9 minifigures with accessories: 3 females, 2 males and 4 children
- Features functioning carousel and operator’s booth with moving bucket challenge, baker’s stand, grill stand, candy stand, 2 streetlamps, 3 trees, a bench and 3 tables
- Accessories include cups, teddy bear, a cat, scarf, purse and lots of food elements
- Carousel horses feature new ornamental headwear design
- Turn the handle to make the carousel rotate
- Take a ride on the carousel
- Watch the carousel horses really rock!
- Fill up on holiday treats at the bakery, grill and candy stands!
- Carousel and operator’s booth measure 7″ (19cm) high, 10″ (25cm) wide and 6″ (16cm) deep
- Booths measure over 3″ (9cm) high, 3″ (8cm) wide and 1″ (4cm) deep
- Combine with 10229 Winter Village Cottage for an even bigger winter scene.
For those unfamiliar, this set is modeled from a European winter market.